In the last a couple of year, Emsisoft had made its name by score highly at AV-Comparative test in December 2017. This anti-malware slash anti-virus got more attention than before. At the other side, Malwarebytes is still a powerhouse for an anti-malware protector. For that, here some list to make you more understand about Emsisoft vs Malwarebytes:
Emsisoft vs Malwarebytes
When talking about comparing on Emsisoft vs Malwarebytes, we have to look back on their original intention. Even though Emsisoft named as anti-malware, actually it’s a full anti-virus. The reason from the developer was because of using anti-virus as a name branding would cut short what Emsisoft capable. On the other hand, Malwarebytes is an anti-malware through and through that would compatible for any security solution.
Aside from protecting the computer from virus attack, Emsisoft also protects from the malware attack. There are real-time protection, anti-ransomware guard, fast scanning, and update the protection running for every hour interval. Also, it equipped with an on-demand scanner, web protection, and behavior blocker. Not to mention, it designed to suspicious for any malware activity such as a backdoor, keylogger, worm, and trojan.
Meanwhile, the Malwarebytes is full-blown anti-malware. On its premium package, it offers for real-time protection, prevents in accessing any malicious page, and anti-exploit features. And also, it protects from ransomware attack, detects and eliminates spyware and malware, and anti-rootkit removal, and after an attack, there will be file recovery. This software designed to be compatible with any other protection program.
How They Work
When comparing at Emsisoft vs Malwarebytes, we couldn’t shy away in looking at how they work. Emsisoft worldly known for its dual engine, as it incorporates the Bitdefender engine. And even though it’s an anti-virus system, but it wouldn’t crash with another anti-virus program. The reason is to strengthen their namesake as an anti-malware program thus can be compatible with another software.
Whereas on the other hand, Malwarebytes works to prevent any malware attack and clean-up for the infection. Its function is to double team another security solution (usually the anti-virus) in protecting the computer. Because of based on the malware proportion, viruses only make up for around 0.5% of the total malware. Thus, the other 99.5% malware out there wouldn’t be down without anti-malware protection.
Actually, putting Emsisoft and Malwarebytes in comparison is unfair, since both of them have a different purpose. One as an anti-virus slash anti-malware and another as full through anti-malware. That way, usually people use these two programs together. Moreover, the newer computer system has built-in anti-virus with an outstanding result.
That’s why some people see that installing another anti-virus program like Emsisoft is a waste. And many only use Malwarebytes as a compatible protector for the malware attacks, and it works fine alongside the built-in anti-virus. For that, a comparison between these two is basically comparing two different kinds of programs on the unlevel ground.
As a final note in understanding for Emsisoft vs Malwarebytes, each has its specification. You can use the two at the same time, even though it’s such a pity if you put two premium versions in one device. Aside from it may slow down your computer performance if it’s on the older side, but the newer version already has good built-in anti-virus. Thus, it’s better to use only one of them. But if you wish to use both, you can tone down one of them to the free version.